I’ve just received the comment of lovely Jade – the owner of “Secret Diaries of a Textile Student” telling me that she has kindly nominated me for The Liebster Award. Thanks Jade, your comment came in a very hopeless moment of mine… Just when I was thinking of giving up on blogging! Well, I’m accepting this as a sign and not giving up then! :))
Anyway, I must confess – since I’m still “trying to make it” in the blog community, I really had nooo idea what the Liebster Award was until I “Google”d it after my nomination. Well, we can define it as a chain reaction which helps your blog to be discovered, while it helps you to discover new blogs as well!
There are very simple rules to it.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you (Give links to their blog)
2. Answer the 11 questions they’ve asked you
3. Nominate 5-11 bloggers that have less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5. Tag your nominees & notify them by leaving comments on their blogs
The questions of love Jade were: *Oh I’m sooo excited! Here we gooo!*
1. Why did you start this blog?
Well, I’ve always loved writing and always had blogs in the past but never could finish anything I started – I’d just get bored and leave things in the middle of them and closed all of them. One day just when I had it with my everyday job, I decided to open a blog – leave my job and hang on to it and actually see where it goes. I really see an improvement in myself since I haven’t given up until now. Every now and then I get hopeless and think I’m going to give up but I motivate myself somehow. OR sometimes good things like this nomination comes up!
It happened very spontaneously! As I explained it above :))
3. What’s your favourite band/album/song?
Hmmm but I can probably say “Supergirl” by Reamonn. My husband – who was my boyfriend at the time – used to refer to me as his Supergirl when I was going through horrible horrible times in my life. The song really made me feel special and made me realize how strong I was everytime I listened to it.
Curious about the song? Listen to it on Youtube!
4. If you could invite any 4 people to a dinner party (dead or alive) who would they be?
Robin Williams, Marilyn Monroe, Bruce Willis and Bob Marley. Oh what a dinner would that be! I’m sure we’d have a blast after a couple of drinks! Can you imagine…
5. What was the last picture you took?
Just looked at my phone and there was a photo of me with a cinnamon – honey – milk facial mask on! :))
6. What do you never leave the house without? (not including phone and keys)
My body splash – I use Victoria’s Secret, Pure Seduction. My ipod, my headphones and my mascara!
7. Would you rather have £1000 to spend now or £5,000 to spend in 5 years?
I’d definetly would rather have £1000 to spend now. Come on, it’s summer time – I’d take my love and go on a vacation to Greece or Southern Turkey! Can anyone guarantee that I will be around in 5 years?
8. What is your perfect pizza topping?
I like my pizza with lots of mozzarella & mushrooms!
9. If you could go back and witness any monumental moment in history, which would you visit?
Oh man, I would’ve loved to be present at all of them but… I would’ve loved to meet our great leader Atatürk when he announced the proclamation of our republic.
10. What is your favourite book/series of books?
I’m generally into crime-action books – I would recommend GROTESK by Natsuno Kirino if you’re into it too. Right now I’m reading the Ottoman History from different authors to have different opinions.
11. Would you rather have fingers the length of your legs, or legs the length of your fingers?
I’d rather have neither! Just happy the way with I am but if I really have to choose one… I’d go with fingers the length of my legs! :))
Soooo these were my answers – hope you enjoyed it!
I now would like to announce my nominees for this award…
Drum roll please!
2. Beauty Balm
3. TLB Blog
6. Jenna Want
7. Nur’s Studio
10. Piece of Cake
The questions I’d like to ask my nominees are:
1. What is the most wonderful childhood memory you ever had?
2. If you could be a celebrity, who would you be and why?
3. Do you have any piercings & tattoos? How many/ what / where?
4. What was the most embarrassing thing that ever happened to you?
5. What do you like to do the most when you’re alone at home?
6. What is the best movie you ever watched and why?
7. If you had to chance to live in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s and today, which era would you have chosen and why?
8. Is there an inspiration quote that keeps you going / what is it?
9. What was the last thing you bought for yourself?
10. Stick your hand in your bag and pull out the first thing you grab & write what it is.
11. Where was the last place you traveled to? Any suggestions on where to stay, what to taste etc?
Oh boy, this is soooo much fun – I hope everyone will continue this chain and have as much fun as I had!Kitty Cat